Turtle Beach recently discovered mold spores on certain Ear Force® X0 FOUR Stealth gaming headsets manufactured between April and June 2015, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with chronic health problems. The affected Ear Force XO FOUR Stealth headsets were sold online and at participating retailers nationwide in the U.S. and Canada, from June to September, 2015.
Here at Turtle Beach, our customers´ safety and satisfaction with our products is of the utmost importance to us, so we are voluntarily recalling certain Ear Force XO FOUR Stealth headsets in an effort to prevent any potential adverse effects.
The recall only affects Ear Force XO FOUR Stealth headsets with production date codes C16 through C25 as part of the serial number. The serial number is printed on the inside of the Ear Force XO FOUR Stealth headband and on the bottom of the box. Recalled units contain these production date codes but do not have a green dot under the windscreen of the microphone.
For more information on the Ear Force XO FOUR Stealth recall program, please read the FAQS below.
A:This voluntary recall applies only to certain units of Ear Force® XO FOUR Stealth gaming headsets that were manufactured and sold during a limited period:
- The recalled units were sold from June 2015 to September 2015 for about $99.
- The model number is TBS-2320-01 (sold in U.S.) and TBS-2320-03 (sold in Canada).
- Recalled units were manufactured during a limited period and have a serial number that includes C16 through C25 but do not have a green dot under the windscreen of the microphone (pictured below). The serial number is printed on the inside of the headband of the headset and on the bottom flap of the box.
- Mold spores were found on certain units, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with chronic health problems.
- To help avoid any potential adverse effects, Turtle Beach is conducting a voluntary recall in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- If you have a unit with a recalled serial number and no green dot under the microphone windscreen, stop using the headset immediately and place the headset in a bag along with the audio accessory and the retail box, if you still have it. Tape or seal the bag shut.
- Please enter your information in the form below to participate in the voluntary recall.
- If your unit is affected, we will send you a pre-paid shipping label to return the recalled headset directly to Turtle Beach. Please do not return the recalled headset to the place of purchase.
- When we receive your recalled headset, we expect to be able to ship you a free replacement headset within 10-14 business days.
- If you have additional questions, you can call Turtle Beach toll-free at 855-868-4832 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.